Modelling and simulation of dynamic systems
The course will introduce the students to dynamic systems analysis and design, using systems modelling and simulation methods.
Kort om kurset:
After finishing the course, the students shall be able to master a systematic approach to model complex dynamic systems, and see the common behavior of systems in different energy domains. The student shall also understand the engineering value of the model and its purpose, and further master the “art of simplification” in order to focus on the main behavior.
The course will focus on: basic modelling principles; mathematical models based on energy preservation; multi-domain modelling; simulations by solving the system behavior ODE’s; and visualization of simulation results as plots and animations.
Dette vil du lære:
• Be able to carry out independent modeling and simulation of dynamic systems, from physical description to mathematical models described by a set of ordinary differential equations.
• solve the equations in a simulation (integration) process.
• The student shall master different engineering tools for dynamic modeling and simulation, such as MATLAB and 20SIM or similar tools, including basic modelling, programming and simulation skills.
• The student shall be able to handle multi-domain systems, linear as well as non-linear systems.
• be able to process simulation results and understand the level of accuracy regarding absolute and relative values.
Hvem vil kurset passe for?
Personnel employed in technical, engineering, development, R&D and similar departments.
Gjennomføring og omfang:
Lectures, exercises and examples from real applications will be provided in the course. There will be individual mandatory assignments and exam project. The topic of this project will be related to the individual student’s specialization within the study program.
Faglig ansvarlig: Vilmar Æsøy, Guoyuan Li, NTNU.
Påmelding til NTNU i Ålesund her.